SUMMARY: Gathers, reviews and analyzes various forms of financial data for the purpose of underwriting multi-family and commercial real estate loans. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Responsible for underwriting new multi-family and commercial real estate loans.
* Spread financial statements in Moody’s Risk Origins.
* Review and analyze borrower financial information including tax returns and financial statements.
* Run litigation, lien and Google searches.
* Review and analyze property financial information to determine property cash flows and projected debt service coverage. Review commercial leases, analyze lease concentration and roll off risk.
* Review and analyze personal financial information for guarantors including personal financial statements, tax returns, real estate owned schedules, liquidity statements and credit reports to determine strength of guarantor.
* Review third party appraisals and environmental reports.
* Contact with Lenders, Borrowers, Brokers, CPAs to obtain and understand required financial information.
* Determine borrower, guarantor and facility risk rating and LIED.
* Complete approval memoranda for submission to Senior Credit Officer and Chief Credit Officer for review.
* Work with outside attorney to prepare commitment letter.
* Review loan documents for adherence to credit approval. Follow up for any pre-funding conditions.
* Responsible for assembling virtual credit file in Baker Hill system and physical credit file in office.
* Responsible for the annual review of portfolio- including analysis of financial statements for covenant compliance and maintaining appropriate risk ratings.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree in business or finance and 5+ years experience in commercial real estate underwriting. Must have knowledge of federal banking regulations, commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and techniques, business loan documents, and credit and financial statement analysis. Must also have strong verbal and written communication skills and be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills.